Ameristar Home Care Services is seeking a Part Time Registered Nurse to join our team of professionals and growing company.
Conveniently located in Forest Hills, NY, Ameristar Home Care Services, is a Licensed Home Care Services Agency and Fiscal Intermediary rooted in the communities and culture of the New York metropolitan area. Understanding what it takes to support the senior population across the continuum of health care needs, Ameristar Home Care Services stands ready with dedicated professionals and expert staff, and support resources to assist members and optimize their home health care.
Job responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Starts of Care
- Maintaining home health care worker compliance
- Pre-employment compliance (medical)
- MD orders
- Nursing visits (in home)
- Communicating with insurances regarding changes in patient’s condition
- Participate in patient/family teaching activities and counseling of patient/families when necessary.
- Maintain documentation of all nursing activities and observation according to the requirements of the individual health care setting. Keep documentation accurate and informative, address skilled nursing needs.
- Monitor, record and report symptoms or changes in patient’s condition.
- Safety and standard precautions to be followed at all times.
- HIPAA regulations to be followed per agency policy and federal/state regulations.
Graduate of an approved nursing curriculum with current NY state licensure as a RN.
- A minimum of one (1) year experience of patient care in a facility or hospital
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be willing to travel within New York Metropolitan area; Queens, Brooklyn, Bronx, Manhattan & Staten Island.
- Team player who excels at building trusting relationships with customers and co-workers.
- Ability to take initiative and complete tasks with minimal supervision
COVID VACCINATION SERIES REQUIRED
PAY RANGE: $30.00-$50.00 per hour depending on experience