Ameristar Home Care Services is seeking a Full Time Home Care Scheduler / Coordinator-Bilingual Russian speaking to join our team of professionals and growing company.
Conveniently located in Forest Hills, NY, Ameristar Home Care Services, is a Licensed Home Care Services Agency and Fiscal Intermediary rooted in the communities and culture of the New York metropolitan area. Understanding what it takes to support the senior population across the continuum of health care needs, Ameristar Home Care Services stands ready with dedicated professionals and expert staff, and support resources to assist members and optimize their home health care.
Responsibilities to include, but are not limited to:
- Answering telephone calls and inquiries regarding hiring, setting up interviews/orientations and other HR related questions.
- Preparing all required on-boarding documents needed.
- Conducting orientations of HHAs and PCAs.
- Assuring accurate completion of all required hiring documents timely per agency policy.
- Managing and assuring security of the personnel files from hire to termination.
- Tracking all required monthly in-services, supervisions, evaluations, disciplinary actions and required health data.
- Communicating effectively with administration and Coordinating department when employee issues surface.
- Developing, maintaining and coordinating master client/employee schedule to fill shifts as needed
- Managing and maintaining client schedule by filling open shifts, coordinating schedules to increase or decrease the amount of necessary staffing
- Managing and maintaining employee schedules, Including changing shifts/employees immediately to ensure clients are staffed appropriately.
- Updating and maintaining system to reflect holidays, vacations, home visits, appointments and natural supports that will replace clients.
- Communicating regularly with staff (nurses, HR and service coordination) regarding staff assignments and issues
- Scheduler will assure all shifts are filled to meet client requirements.
- If a client no longer wishes to receive care services from a given field staff, the on-call personnel or any available certified staff (HHA/PCA) will go in to cover the shift until the shift is filled.
- Keeping current staff information updated in system, including all demographics and contact information.
- Communicating on a daily basis with all schedulers regarding open shifts, and all staff including HR, RN’s to keep continuity of client care.
- Ensuring staff and clients are aware of schedules on a weekly basis
- Providing reports to supervisors when requested
- Assisting administration in preparing for audits or surveys.
- Other duties as may be required.
- Must be bilingual (Spanish/English speaking)
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel and Internet applications
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills with superior telephone manner
- Must be attentive to detail, accurate, and able to prioritize multiple tasks in a high pressure, fast paced environment
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Highly motivated and able to work independently with minimum direction
- Must be reliable/dependable
- Must have previous customer service experience
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
COVID VACCINATION SERIES REQUIRED
THIS IS AN ENTRY LEVEL POSITION